Sunday, May 09, 2010

Folk fest: Amy Speace, Buskin & Batteau, and a Mother's Day greeting from Christine Lavin


I first heard Amy Speace on a friend's CD about a year ago, and tagged her as a singer to watch. At the time, I couldn't find any videos on-line of her in performance. On Friday, Eliot Wagner posted on OTBKB a link to the video above of Amy doing the ballad "It's Too Late to Call It a Night", as earlier posted on Now I've Heard Everything.

Among the musicians backing Amy on this song are David Buskin and Robert Batteau. Some years ago, I caught them in performance at the late, lamented Bottom Line, and this was part of their set:


As I recall, Buskin & Batteau were on the same bill with Christine Lavin, who is seen here doing a song appropriate for Mother's Day:


Thanks to piddlepuddle for this clip of Christine performing at the Unitarian Center in Ashland, Oregon.

Continuing, sort of, the Mother's Day theme, I'll close by returning to Amy Speace, doing "Double Wide Trailer":


Thanks to bprism for this clip, made at the Falcon Ridge Folk Festival in 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment