Monday, May 21, 2007

We're approaching a milestone.

According to my sitemeter, S-AB will soon have its 5,000th visit.

What would be an appropriate gift for my 5,000th guest? Some possibilities:

1. an autographed copy of Charles Reich's The Greening of America;

2. a vinyl LP of Full Sail, by Loggins & Messina;

3. an art nouveau style poster advertising a concert featuring Quicksilver Messenger Service and It's a Beautiful Day, at Winterland; or

4. a non-autographed copy of Theory of Value, by Gerard Debreu.

Actually, I don't have any of these, except 4.*, which I'm not about to give up (I'm still trying to make my way through Chapter 1, "Mathematics", of which the author says, "Its reading requires, in principle, no knowledge of mathematics." (Emphasis in original.) Wonderful words: "in principle". )

Anyway, you'll get some kind of recognition, even if (as seems likely) you're someone from Bulgaria who happened on my site by doing a Google search for guitar tablature for "Strong Boy" by the International Submarine Band. And, if you're ever in my neck of the conurbation, I'll be glad to buy you a drink.

*I'll admit, though it pains me, to having once owned 2.

3 comments:

  1. i don't think i've gotten any bulgarians. koreans and chinese, looking for blank pages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:52 PM

    My dear Claude,
    May I suggest that for Loggins and Messina (or any vinyl) you should go to Beverly Rare Records in the ORIGINAL Beverly Hills in Chicago. Afterwards you can get a cone at Rainbow Cones.
    MT

    ReplyDelete
  3. only 63 more clicks, and that poster is mine!

    ReplyDelete