Monday, November 05, 2012

Vote!

This video is four years old, which is why the wall poster says "November 4." I remember Tuesday, November 4, 2008 very well. I had voted early in Brooklyn, and spent Saturday through Tuesday in the suburbs of Buffalo, ringing doorbells, handing out literature, and giving my spiel about voting for the candidates I favored. I spent election evening in a campaign headquarters in East Aurora, New York (which is roughly 130 miles west of Aurora, New York; go figure) and had a mouthful of pizza and a delightful endorphin rush when the projection for Ohio was announced, as I hope I will tomorrow night. But, and I do mean this, whoever you're supporting, please vote. Join my daughter, who just turned 19 and is voting for the first time. If you don't vote, well, you just might feel like you got hit by a linebacker.

No comments:

Post a Comment