Friday, October 05, 2012

My movie career revived, in Italy.

In the second installment of my Dewey & LeBoeuf saga, I told how my late friend Charlie McCrann wrote a feature length horror movie script as an NYU class project, then later produced, directed, and starred in that film, in which I played a minor role. The movie has been released in various places and formats under various titles: Forest of Fear, Charlie's working title, in Asia; Bloodeaters, by which it was known at movie houses and drive-ins coast-to-coast in 1980-81; Blood Butchers I'm not sure where; and Toxic Zombies, under which it was packaged as a VHS tape, later DVD, and played on the USA Cable network.

Now I've learned that it's been revived in Italy under the title Il ritorno degli zombi. Here is a link to a YouTube video of the complete movie, dubbed in Italian. My part is from 34:55 to 39:30. My first line, in English, was "What the Sam Hill happened to you?" From what I can tell, there was no attempt to translate this word-for-word into Italian. Whoever dubbed me made me sound better than I do in English, though.