Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Bet the inmates had fun making this one.


Yours truly in Mickey D's parking lot, Sturbridge, Massachusetts, on the trip back from Maine after dropping Liz off at camp. I got the car from Avis in Brooklyn, but it had Nutmeg State tags.

I need to keep working on that paunch. More Bridge walks, less Cognac.

Addendum: The car is a Dodge Avenger, and that's a name with a history. The first "Avenger" in the Chrysler family was made by Hillman, part of the British auto manufacturer Rootes Group, which was taken over by Chrysler in the late 1960s. Versions of the Hillman Avenger were marketed in the U.S. as the Dodge Polara and Plymouth Cricket. My second car was a pre-Chrysler Rootes product, a 1965 Sunbeam Alpine.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Buddy...

    Time to alienate another friend.

    In a follow up story on the sudden death of Tim Russert his doctors were quoted as saying that his risk factors were under control. However, his internist said that one risk factor is underestimated and it's probably more predictive than any other.

    His opinion: The most accurate predictor of heart trouble is waist circumference. 40 inches seems to be the entry gate into the danger zone.

    Coming from me this usually irritates since I've never had a weight problem, but a recent cardiac scare (four years ago) motivated me to go on an pretty extreme exercise program.

    I tossed my 34 inch jeans two years ago and my current jeans sport a 28-inch label, although my own tape measure tells me that my 57-year-old waist measures in at 30 inches.

    I'll summaraize my heart scare soon. Hate to be a nag, but I've become one anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting car trivia! Hope you had fun in Maine!

    ReplyDelete